The Colombo Club is one of the largest social clubs in America founded by Italian pioneers for the purpose of providing a social center for themselves, their families, and their guests. The Colombo Club is a private club that was founded in Oakland California in 1920.
Front row (left to right) Joseph Guerrero (2003-04), Lou Mascola (2005-06), Billy Castell (1998-99), Anthony Tedeschi (2011-12), John Penna (1960-61), Albert P. Giordano (1970-71), back row Richard Puppione (2009-10), James J. Penna (1990-91), Domenic Torchia (2013-14), John Mazibrook (2016), R. Douglas Emeldi (2007-08) . Not pictured: Edward Arri (2000 & 2015), David J. Nardi (2001-02), Ronald Scalise (1972-73)
The purposes of the Club are entirely social in scope, dedicated to the moral and physical well being of its members, the promotion of the best interests of the community, and the highest ideals of American citizenship.
Membership in the Colombo Club is comprised of men of Italian and non-Italian heritage who meet membership qualifications. The total number of members is limited; and there is currently a waiting list.
The Colombo Club welcomes new members who are interested in contributing to the ongoing advancement of the Club. If interested in obtaining a membership application, please contact an existing member for sponsorship.
In order to encourage the ongoing pursuit of higher education in the Colombo Club community, the Colombo Club and Ladies Auxiliary annually award financial scholarships. These scholarships are available for graduating seniors who are children or grandchildren of Club or Auxiliary members in good standing. A student must submit an application by March 15, and meet all requirements to be considered for a scholarship.