The name of this corporation is the COLOMBO CLUB, INC. a corporation organized under the laws of the State of California.
The COLOMBO CLUB INC. was founded on August 22, 1920, and was originally located at 4915 Broadway, Oakland. California. The Club moved to its present location at 5321 Claremont Avenue, Oakland, California, on December 16, 1951, when the new building was completed and dedicated.
The COLOMBO CLUB was founded by Italian pioneers for the purpose of providing a social center for themselves and their families and to transmit to their children the best Italian family traditions, customs and folklore. The purposes of the COLOMBO CLUB are entirely social, dedicated to the moral and physical well-being of its members, the promotion of the best interests of the community, and the highest ideals of American citizenship.
The official language for the transaction of all business shalt be the English language; the members, however, have the privilege of expressing themselves in the Italian language or any Italian dialect, if they so desire.
The COLOMBO CLUB shall not participate in any partisan political campaigns, or advocate any particular creed, but shall at all times respect freedom of thought, of speech, and of conscience.