Covid Ground Hog Day is visiting the Colombo Club. Last Thursday the board of directors voted to reopen the club on a limited basis October 14th for a birthday dinner. There was quite a bit of conversation regarding the safety of our members, and we came up with a few new rules. C’è stata un bel po ‘di conversazione sulla sicurezza dei nostri membri e abbiamo escogitato alcune nuove regole.
Per sections 16 & 18 of the Colombo Club bylaws, the Colombo Club Board of Directors adopted the following health and safety measures for all upcoming Colombo Club events:
For the health and safety of our members and quests, we are requiring that all Colombo Club attendees over the age of 12 show proof of Covid-19 vaccination (their vaccination card; or a photo, scan, or digital copy of their vaccination card) that indicates that they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and that 14 days have passed since they were fully vaccinated. Members and guests may enter the Club for a Club function starting on the 15th day after they are fully vaccinated.
If, for medical reasons or personal conviction, a member is unable to receive a vaccination, we will also accept proof of a negative Covid 19 test taken within 72 hours of the Club event. This applies to members only. All guests over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated in order to be admitted to the Club.
Other Covid 19 procedures being enacted by the Club:
- Masks are now required for employees and for members and guests when not eating or drinking and when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- The Club has incorporated the CDC’s recommendations for cleaning/disinfection, hand hygiene, and ventilation inside the Club to maximize safety for members and guests.
- The Club is currently operating under reduced capacity in the dining room.
- These procedures will be reviewed monthly by the Board of Directors and changes will be made to follow health and safety protocols recommended by the County Health Dept.
- It is recommended that members who have concerns about the health and safety of their children under the age of 12 at the Colombo Club should keep their children home.
New Cashless Policy
In keeping with these new standards, we are also adopting a cashless policy when picking up your dinner tickets. Credit cards or checks will now be required. The bar and incentive (tickets sold in dining hall) will still be available with cash. We are working as hard as we can to ensure that we can stay open and create a safe environment for all members and guests. C’è stata un bel po ‘di conversazione sulla sicurezza dei nostri membri e abbiamo escogitato alcune nuove regole. I look forward to seeing many on the 14th and hope that we all can make it easy on the staff as we check for the required documents. For the next few dinners, The Ed Basso Room (formally the Isabella Room) will be used as the entrance to the Club to support the check-in process. This will help not having anyone stuck outside the Club in line.
Thank you for your continued support as members of the Best Italian Club in the World. We are striving to keep all members and guests safe in this strange world we see ourselves in today Grazie per il vostro continuo supporto come membri del Miglior Club Italiano al Mondo. Ci stiamo sforzando di mantenere tutti i membri e gli ospiti al sicuro in questo strano mondo in cui ci vediamo oggi.
Celebrare Cento Anni’ più uno.