2023 Colombo Club Educational Scholarship
For over 25 years the Colombo Club and the Colombo Club Auxiliary members have sponsored scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are sons, grandsons, daughters and granddaughters of Colombo Club or Colombo Club Auxiliary members.
Make a donation to the Colombo Club Scholarship Fund
- Letter of acceptance from a university, college or trade school or names of universities, colleges or trade schools applied to.
- One SEALED official high school transcript. Copies will not be accepted, please mail sealed originals to postal address below.
- A type-written list of extra-curricular in-school activities, community volunteer experience (excluding volunteer experience for graduation), paid work experience, special talents/ hobbies and non-monetary and monetary awards received from the school or community.
- A typewritten, double-spaced, three paragraph or more original essay of 500-1,000 words about a family experience at the Colombo Club and/or how your association with the Colombo Club has impacted your life. The essay will be evaluated on structure, grammar and content.
- One letter of recommendation from a person of your choice, excluding family members, who will guide us to a better insight as to who you are as a person.
- One letter of recommendation from one of your high school teachers/counselor/administrators, excluding family members, who will guide us to a better insight as to who you are as a student.
- A completed 2023 Colombo Club Scholarship Application
How to Apply
You may submit your completed application package to:
The Colombo Club
Attn: Colombo Club and Colombo Auxiliary Scholarship Committee
5321 Claremont Ave
Oakland, CA 94618
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 1, 2023. Funds from the scholarship will be sent to the winner’s home address at the end of August 2023 AFTER the scholarship recipient provides each of the following to the Colombo Club Scholarship Committee: letter of acceptance from a university, college or trade school, proof of registration from a university, college or trade school, schedule of classes from a university, college or trade school.
If you have any questions about the scholarship application process or document requirements please contact Rich Puppione at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship winners should make every effort to attend the scholarship award ceremony
and dinner at the Colombo Club family dinner in June, 2023.
Thank you and good luck!